HEDNA announces its 2010 Board of Directors
January 20, 2010
HEDNA, the Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association, is announcing its 2010 Board of Directors. The new Board was voted in at HEDNA’s Winter Conference held in December 2009 in Las Vegas, Nev.
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, January 20, 2010 –
The Board has two new members – Cynthia Castillo of Amadeus in Madrid, Spain, and Thomas Magnuson of Magnuson Hotels of Spokane, WA. Thomas R. Magnuson currently serves as co?CEO of Magnuson Hotels, the world’s largest independent hotel group. In only seven years, Magnuson Hotels headquartered in Spokane, WA has become the fastest growing hotel chain in history as well as the world’s largest independent hotel group, representing over 1000 hotels and a combined affiliate base with assets in excess of $5 Billion.
One of the top 10 global hotel chains, Magnuson Hotels was the #1 Hotel Company of Inc. Magazine’s 2009 annual ranking of the 5,000 fastest growing privately owned U.S. companies. With a four?year reservation sales growth of 595%, Magnuson Hotels is listed in the top 100 U.S. business services companies.
Prior to Magnuson Hotels, Tom served on the Best Western International Executive Marketing Board of Directors, which was responsible for the oversight of the $25 Million annual marketing budget and branding, sales, marketing and reservation functions of Best Western International over 4000 hotels worldwide. In 2001 and 2002, Tom developed and launched a franchise system for NYSE listed WestCoast Hotels of Spokane, Washington. During this time, WestCoast purchased the Red Lion chain for $50 Million from Hilton, and he was retained to oversee creation of combined brand segmentation to both franchisees as well as consumer markets. Tom is a Graduate of the Harvard Business School with emphasis in competitive strategy and marketing; Pepperdine University School of Business MBA; Tufts University BA. Tom currently resides in Spokane WA, Rossland BC and Hope ID with his wife Melissa and youngest son Frankie.
HEDNA’s complete Board for 2010 including those re-elected to a two year term include:
Board Members At Large Re-elected
- Nancy Little, Manager, GDS & Third Party Distribution, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Jennifer Riesselman, Manager, e-Distribution, Carlson Hotels Worldwide
- Duane Overgaard, Principal Account Director Hotel Distribution & Services, Sabre Travel Network
- Oliver Fasching, Director, Distribution & Market Strategy, Jumeirah Group
- Louise Meyer, Vice President, Hotels, VFM Leonardo Inc.
- Erica Penley, Director of Distribution, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Alison Velez, Director, Distribution Technology, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Cynthia Castillo, Head, Projects and AMCD, Hotel Distribution, Travel Services Business Group, Amadeus
- Thomas Magnuson, CEO, Magnuson Hotels
- President – Melanie Ryan, Senior Director, Global Strategic Accounts, Orbitz Worldwide
- Vice President — Sarah Fowler, Strategic Account Director, Pegasus Solutions
- Secretary — Edward Perry, Senior Director of E-Commerce, WORLDHOTELS
- Treasurer — Keith Cotton, Vice President, Supply Solutions, Hotel Booking Solutions/IBS Software
“HEDNA has exciting plans for 2010, including relaunching HEDNA U and instituting HEDNA Networking Lunches,” says Ryan. “I’m very much looking forward to working with the Board on these initiatives as well as pursuing important issues for the hotel electronic distribution community, such as Unique Global Identifiers, during this year. HEDNA is pleased to have such a stellar roster of Board Members.”
About HEDNA The Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association (HEDNA) is a not-for-profit trade association whose worldwide membership includes executives and managers from over 200 of the most influential companies in the hotel distribution industry. Founded in 1991, all of HEDNA’s activities are intended to stimulate the booking of hotel rooms through the use of GDS, the Internet and other electronic means. HEDNA brings all segments of the hotel industry together to evolve systems and services into electronic distribution that is easy and efficient.
Valerie Cooper, HEDNA Executive Director, at email@example.com or phone: 202-204-8400 or 202-204-8400.
Melanie Ryan, Orbitz Worldwide and HEDNA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 312-894-6839 or 312-894-6839.
About Magnuson Hotels, the fastest growing hotel chain in history.
In only seven years, Magnuson Hotels headquartered in Spokane, WA has become the world’s largest independent hotel group, representing nearly 1500 hotels and a combined affiliate base with assets in excess of $5.5 Billion. One of the top 10 global hotel chains, Magnuson Hotels was the #1 Hotel Company of Inc. Magazine’s 2009 annual ranking of the 5,000 fastest growing privately owned U.S. companies. With a four year reservation sales growth of 595%, Magnuson Hotels is listed in the top 100 U.S. business services companies.